Difference between revisions of " Roadmap"
(→2015 Q2 (v2.0))
(Updated for link to support and contact-us.)
|Line 111:||Line 111:|
= Accelerating Features =
= Accelerating Features =
Development is driven by our both personal vision and by what people are telling us they need. If you want to accelerate a feature by underwriting its development, contact
Development is driven by our both personal vision and by what people are telling us they need. If you want to accelerate a feature by underwriting its development, contact.
Revision as of 13:11, 7 August 2015
SYSTAP is very pleased to launch it’s new graph database platform Blazegraph™ with the 1.5.0 software release available now on Sourceforge. It is built on the same platform and maintains 100% binary and API compatibility with Bigdata®. Blazegraph™ will take over as SYSTAP’s flagship graph database.
This is an overview of the Blazegraph™ roadmap. Features and release dates are subject to change.
- 1 Milestone Releases
- 2 Planned Milestone Releases
- 3 Accelerating Features
2011 Q2 (v1.0.0 : Performance)
- Smaller on disk footprint and faster data load.
- A new persistence store which scales to ~50B triples/quads on a single machine.
- A new query engine. It's faster, has a smaller footprint in memory and is more extendable.
- 100% native SPARQL evaluation.
- Easy start install.
- Released on 7/5/2011.
2011 Q4 (v1.1.0 : Analytics)
- SPARQL 1.1 support (Sesame 2.5) (except property paths and update).
- Scalable analytic operators.
- New extendable hash tree index.
- Memory manager to relieve the JVM heap pressure. 100% native Java solution gets data off the JVM object heap.
- Much faster query plans for complex optional groups and UNION.
- BLOBs index (large literal and large URI support).
2012 Q1 (v1.2.0)
- SPARQL 1.1 UPDATE
- SPARQL 1.1 Service Description
- SPARQL 1.1 Basic Federated Query
- New integration point for custom services.
- Remote Java client for NanoSparqlServer
- Sesame 2.6.3 dependency
- Ganglia integration (cluster)
- Performance improvements (cluster)
2013 Q2 (v1.2.3)
- SPARQL 1.1 Update Extensions (SPARQL_Update for named solution sets).
- SPARQL 1.1 Property Paths.
- Remote Java client for Multi-Tenancy extensions NanoSparqlServer
- Sesame 2.6.10 dependency
- Plus numerous other bug fixes and performance enhancements.
2013 Q4 (v1.3.0)
- Highly Available Replication Cluster (HAJournalServer)
- Graph Mining API for RDF (PageRank, Connected Components, BFS, SSSP and more).
2014 Q1 (v1.3.1)
- Reification Done Right (efficient storage and query of link attributes harmonized with RDF Reification)
- RDF Graph Mining API (RDF_GAS_API - Extensible Graph Mining API for RDF Graphs, including BFS, SSSP, CC, PR, etc.)
- Runtime Query Optimizer (RTO - See QueryOptimization and RTO overview)
- Blueprints API
- High availability load balancer.
- New RDF/SPARQL workbench.
2014 Q3 (v1.3.2)
- A variety of bug fixes and performance enhancements.
- Health status for HA and other deployment modes.
2014 Q3 (v1.3.3)
- Critical bug fix release (critical section protection and SPARQL UPDATE consistency issue)
2014 Q4 (v1.3.4)
- See http://trac.bigdata.com/ticket/1032 (1.3.4 release)
- Critical bug fix release (SPARQL UPDATE using REST API fails to recycle storage)
2014 Q4 (v1.4.0)
- Openrdf 2.7 support (#714).
- Workbench error handling improvements (#911)
- Various RDR specific bug fixes for the workbench and server (#1038, #1058, #1061)
- Numerous other bug fixes and performance enhancements.
2015 Q1 (v1.5.0 - BlazeGraph)
Initial BlazeGraph release.
- Simplified deployer (Executable Jar)
- Replaced apache client with jetty client (fixes http protocol layer errors in apache #967)
- ALP Service (#1072)
- Several bug fixes.
- Several query optimizations.
2015 Q1 (v1.5.1)
- Numerous correctness fixes (OPTIONAL, BIND() when constructing a non-inline value, GRAPH)
- Query optimization for OPTIONAL.
- Query optimization for property paths.
- Concurrent writers and group commit (beta).
- See http://trac.bigdata.com/ticket/1104
Planned Milestone Releases
2015 Q3 (v1.6)
- Support for Tinkerpop3 Early Access
- GPU Accelerated SPARQL Query
- Improved Deployment Capabilities
2016 Q1 (v2.0)
- GA release for the horizontally scaled architecture.
- HDFS integration for scale-out services.
Development is driven by our both personal vision and by what people are telling us they need. If you want to accelerate a feature by underwriting its development, contact-us or see if developer support is an option for you. We offer discounts for startups, research, and non-profit organizations.